Wednesday 6 April 2011

A good evening in.

Progress!

Clutch cable routed, but it seems too long to me, so I may have to fix that after the bike has had its shakedown. It is an utter bastard of a job to adjust the clutch cable, but it is near perfect now and can be twiddled from the Pazzo lever to make it perfect whilst out and about. The throttle cables look wrong and I have passed the clutch cable the wrong side of the loom on the right bar. Easily fixed though if I take the cluster off the bar and re route the loom.

So, nose cone refitted. Not until I had hot glued the broken section and shored it up with more hot glue and a clear drawer divider cut up into sections to span the crack. All glued in and it is holding for now. Saved over a hundred quid there! It looks gash and will bother me, but having the section back in meant I could try to refit the mirrors. They will not go on with the screen sandwiched between the mirror the blade and the supporting frame. So I have fitted them without the screen in place and can get the OEM barrel nuts on, just. I've loctited them in place for now and will have to cut the wings off the screen to fit it. It won't matter though as you'll not be able to see the edges of the screen when fitted. I also had to hot glue the mesh back in the ram air intake as it fell off! Oh and hot glued the carbon bracket on the in fill panels to make them a tighter fit and hot glued some foam on the frame rails where the in fills have rubbed the paint. Can you guess what my favourite tool is right now?

So, all that is left to do before I ride it, it refit the fairing, seat, infills and screen. I had the bike run for 10 secs to check all the wiring was good and that all the lights and stuff worked. Fired up first time after being unused for about 4 weeks, thank fuck.

Oh, and the mirrors are going to be fuck all use as they are the same height as the grips now, This means I'll have to junk them (good, they weigh a ton) and find some solution for the front indicators which won't be there anymore due them being built in the OEM mirrors.

What is the weather looking like Friday?

2 comments:

Eggs said...

eh? you're putting the fairing back on? Surely not?

BigSquidge said...

more pics please.. and does hot glue stick to every thing like your normal man juice?

PP