Thursday 7 April 2011

Disappointment

It comes in many forms.

Got the bike insured with a view to riding it to work tomorrow, but could I tax the fecker? No. DVLA rely on the MID, which is not a true reflection of the ACTUAL state of a vehicles insurance status. My £106 bought me insurance from 1800 today, but I can't ride the fecker cos the insurance DB does not sync with the Govt system. WTF? I work for a company that does this sort of thing for a living, it is possible, it is usual, it is the modern world. Why the fuck should I have to wait to ride my bike cos the systems won't talk? And I have a bike that I am now paying for and legally insured to ride, that I cannot ride cos the Govt have decided not to invest. CUNTS.

Does it boil your piss, or can you afford to ignore it?

So, I'm not going in the garage to finish putting the bodywork back on tonight, I'm not riding to work, I'm not going to be enjoying something I love. All because the freaking government, who I employ, can't be feckin arsed. I'm a tax paying, law abiding, employed person. FFS.

I know a bloke recently widowed, well two years ago now. who spends his life justifying why he does not have to pay his mortgage, his debts, his bills. I hear how hard it is for him to manage. He has not worked for two years. He has a nice house on the local estate, an Audi Q7, and is on holiday in Centre Parks for a week. With his two kids. With a local, recently (2 years ago) divorced woman, qualified as a teacher, who also does not work and has two children. WTF? I can't afford a holiday, at all, not this year. I can't spend a week end on the Isle of Wight with my mates. I cannot got to MotoGP. I cannot do a trackday. My bike wears used (second hand) tyres. I work, I earn >40k a year. I pay my way, and taxes.

I fucking despair.

DVLA? Suck my balls you cunts.

RS


1 comment:

AndyH said...

The government is only intrested in easy targets,